Following in the footsteps of fellow brother bloggers, trying to keep everyone updated in my life as well.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Convicting

Here is a good quote I found from Sojourners online magazine.

"You will never prevent people living in bonded labor or from getting caught up in sex trafficking while they are so desperate that they have no other choice but to sell themselves. As long as we in the West crave ever more excess, we conspire in their desperation, exploiting it and make ourselves sick in the process."
- Clare Short, Member of British Parliament and former Secretary of State for International Development.

I write this blog after I just purchased a used 2003 Honda Accord EXL. I was a little convicted after I purchased it - thinking about how much I buy into the excess every day of my life. Melissa and I have lived humbly compared to many we know, but living humbly takes on new meaning when you have even the smallest exposure to the rest of the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

another good reminder. It's so easy to forget, even after reading Irresistible Revolution. Though probably more accurate is my more deep-seated desire to want to forget. Ignorance is so comfortable.

Good to see ya bloggin again, good stuff.

9:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home