Following in the footsteps of fellow brother bloggers, trying to keep everyone updated in my life as well.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Best Album's of 2008

My brother's blog post inspired me to finally get back on this blog and post my own best albums of 2008. I fear that few people actually glimpse at this blog anymore, but I'll provide my own anyway.

I have to go with Bon Iver with my album of the year. I'm not the guy who usually has the patience to listen to an entire album all the way through. I am the guy with playlist after playlist, refining and creating some of my own stations. However, Bov Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago, is incredible all the way through. It places me in a state of meditation and reflection. It ceases to grow old, in fact, it becomes better with each listen, the sign of a true piece of work. It is the epidomy of "Trident" - the gum that doesn't overwhelm you with taste at the outset, rather than "Bubble Gum" - it's the best thing you ever tasted but only lasts for a couple chews. (I must cite "Bubble Gum" as a term developed by the older bro.)





At a close second is Frightened Rabbit's The Midnight Organ Flight. The Scottish band rings home a classic. Wow, another album that I have listened to way too many times and yet ceases to grow old. Their album was a dissapointment in terms of sales from what I heard, however, their following is starting to really take off. I tried to get tickets for a show in Chicago and it was sold out months beforehand. And this show was their third show in Chicago this year.







Rounding out the rest, I have no particular order.

















1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

agree on many levels, even if they didn't make my list...test for the next year is to see how many shows of these guys we can go see...

10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home