Following in the footsteps of fellow brother bloggers, trying to keep everyone updated in my life as well.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

ESTROGEN OVERLOAD

Males... where were you this weekend. I started off the weekend hanging out at a middle school youth group activity, serving as a chaperone. My young male kids were outnumbered 17 to 3, and after the 3 boys left, I played the game "big booty" for the rest of the night - a fun game, and while I was not the best, I think I hung in there. The girls may have thought otherwise...

Saturday rolls around and we get a call from Melissa's old soccer team from college. The girls are playing in a tournament in the area and they do not have a place to stay for the night...25 girls soon entered our house and set up shop for the largest of slumber parties I have ever seen.

Sunday comes and Melissa and I and our 25 roomates head off to what else, the US Women's soccer game against China.

In the end, it was a great weekend, both with the middle schoolers and the 25 new residents at our house Saturday night. I was blessed by all of them, and while I might need to recharge with some males, both of the groups were great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ouuucccchhhhh. Way to hang in there, the true utility man. I think this puts you in line for another guys weekend.

11:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny! Enjoying your pictures.. wish we could come visit. Praying for you both!

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well come on matthew, you've got to admit, the game on sunday was rather amazing.

But that's from a young ladies perspective, sorry.

tess

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home